Sunday, March 1, 2009

Urine is a big part of my life

We arrived in Minneapolis tonight at 8:43 pm. We were all tired of sitting in the car. There are a pair of Jonah's football underwear and his shirt that are sitting in a sad little heap on the floor of the car since he peed all over them, (and my hand), outside a toll booth in ... Indiana?? or Illionois. can't remember. He had to go so bad. Curtis should have been the one helping him, but I was closest so I hopped out. It ended with me laughing so hard my stomach hurt and Jonah commando.
Also at dinner last night. Took Jonah out to the car after dinner to feed JK, got her drinking happily when Jo announced that he was going to pee! Curtis was inside IHOP finishing up and paying the bill. I grabbed my cell phone and called him, and he rushed out the car, grabbed Jo, and took him to the potty. Curtis is good at so many things:)
But our road trip is over and we were very blessed to pull in safe and sound tonight.
Also thanks Joni and Megan for the texts today! My phone died at about 6, so that was that. Thank you for the pictures from Primary, they made my day!

8 comments:

The Ward Family said...

Glad to hear you made it safe and sound. We woke up to 5 inches of snow this morning. It is beautiful!!! Shoveled the walk and driveway and now off to the funeral. Have fun cleaning that big new house. Oh how I wish I could help you. I love cleaning a big empty house.

Mia said...

So glad that your here. The hardest part is over, right?! Let me know if you need me to take any kids so you can unpack or run errands!

sammysangel said...

i miss you guys especially my lil janie

Blue Ribbon Family said...

I am glad you made it! I hope the unpacking goes ok... I usually dont mind the unpacking, it is the packing up that is a chore!

Blake and Lara said...

I'm glad you guys got there safe and sound!! What a trip! James also anounces he has to go pee at the LAST possible second so if we can't immediately get him to a bathroom we're in trouble. Silly 3 year olds! Happy unpacking

Sara LaClaire said...

eww! i'm trying to pretend i have no idea what that is like. ;D we definitely want more. i just can't imagine being done already. and secretly i would kinda love twins again but mostly cause if we didn't that child would be lonely. miles and landyn have each other; scarlett and isaac have each other...

Phil and Becca said...

Good luck getting settled in. moving just stinks. Especially with all the kids around. It would be so much easier to get things done if you could just ship them off for a few days. That would be nice huh?

katie said...

Glad you made it safe. Something about having kids makes pee a part of everyday life and vocabulary. I dropped my phone in Gages little potty right after he had gone, now my phone smells like urine so bad ugh!