Sunday, February 8, 2009

Valentines Day cards with Eli

Tonight sitting at the dining room table with Eli. Filling out his (of course) LEGO valentines.
Me: ok, let's make a list of all the kids in your class to send valentines to!
Eli: ummm
Me: Rory?
Eli: uhh, Wowy? ok I guess
(We write Rory)
Me: James?
Eli: sowwy, no. James always knocks over my lego castle, so... I'm not gonna give him one.
Me: You have to give one to everyone in your class.
Eli: but he doesn't like legos, even he always knocks mine down!
(I'll fill it out later this, is not a fight I want to have right now)
Me: ok, how bout Chase?
Eli: Uhh, Chase is ok, he likes legos too.
(we write Chase)
Me: Nicholas?
Eli: Yeah, but we have to write Nicholas with the runaway baby! (Nicholas has a little sister that is frequently on the stand during sacrament mtng.)
Me: too long
Eli: uhh... ok.

Eli is good at saying it like it is. He doesn't mess around. Last week at preschool he had a substitute because his teacher was sick (really she didn't want to deal with Eli's class- it is 4 boys and Eli is the 'calming factor') This is how it went down:
Me (to the teacher): How did it go?
Teacher: weakly laughs
Me (to Eli): How was your day?
Eli: I had the WOWST teacher EVEW!
Me: so out the door.

7 months. Parkview Kindergarten meet Eli.

3 comments:

sammysangel said...

tooo cute but i dont like valentines day

Collins Family said...

Oh, I had the struggle today too, getting my boys to write out their Valentines for their school parties. It's refreshing to know these conversations happen with all kids! :)
So what grade is Ethan in this year? Did you end up sending him to Kindergarten the previous year? Or is he in Kind. this year?

Katrina said...

So funny! :)