Thursday, February 12, 2009

Two weeks before the move

And I wonder if we can eat all of the food in our freezer, so we don't have to throw anything away. I also wonder if there's a website that gives checklists of what to do before a move, because I know there is alot to do, but I can't figure out where to start. I also worry about Ethan adjusting to his new class, teacher and school. We are driving back, so I'm wondering if we can fit the vacuum in the Sequoia, so we can vacuum here and then vacuum there. I'm also thinking that I need to get a small gift for all the boys teachers.

These weeks are not normal weeks. Curtis is home one week, gone the next. I am not a happy camper either way. I like our normal routine, with daddy coming home from dinner and helping with baths and bed time. I get annoyed when he hogs the phone all day. I am lonely when he's gone and isn't hogging the phone all day. I want to have my cake and eat it too and it's not happening right now. Everything is on hold until we move.

So that's pretty much it for now. The great news is that I do not have to traipse through the Newark airport again. That place is my own personal h- e- double hockey sticks. I have never encountered so many rude people in one place before.

Oh, I also love fondue from the melting pot and am trying to find a way to replicate my experience there for less than $128.88.

7 comments:

Andie said...

I just saw a Happenings coupon for a four course dinner for two at The Melting Pot for $75. I didn't know if that was a good deal or not. I doubt we will go so I will save that coupon for you....

Hope you have a safe and happy moving trip!

The Ward Family said...

Put that vacuum on the moving truck. Have them put it on last, which they should do if you request, which I always do. Then when you get to your new home you can get it out and go to town. I will bring my two vacuums over to do the house here in Jersey!!!!

Katrina said...

I'm sorry it's kind of a poopy time for you. I couldn't think of a better word - "stressful" didn't quite sound right, so how about poopy? :) Change is always hard, at least for me anyway.

I know there are websites out there that give you check-lists for moving, because I'm pretty sure I used one when we moved, but I can't remember which one. Try u-haul or any moving company's site.

Tell Curtis you are going to deserve that camera after this move! I'm glad our great minds still think a like. ;)

sammysangel said...

ill miss you guys soo much! especially janie and joey

Niki said...

Can't wait to see you guys! I have a good chocolate fondue recipe and my mother-in-law has great recipes for the cheese and other types. When you get settled we should have a girls fondue party!

Brandi said...

If you're interested I have a moving checklist. The EQ from our last ward created a moving document. It's kind of long and they tell you to start packing up like 8 weeks prior to moving, but if you want it let me know.

Janessa Taylor said...

OK I have been so bad at checking your blog! Actually, to be honest, I'm always worse at checking the private blogs...I don't know why! Anyway, where are you moving to? Minnesota? You're in New Jersey now, right? Is Curtis getting transferred, or a new job? I read like 10 of your posts..so cute. I love the way Eli talks and his obsession with Legos..hilarious!! I can't wait til Claire starts developing a little personality. She already smiles a bit and Jordan swears she half-laughed today :) haha... Anyway, comment on my blog and let me know what's up! (ps. my parents are moving back to Utah on March 9th!!! So, they'll be easier to visit :)