This has been a busy week, everyone has been sick with the stomach flu around here. Thanks to Jonah for the chunky of salmon and string cheese=probably the most memorable throw up I have encountered. Despite doing what feels like 10+ loads of laundry, all the hampers are full again. Thankfully Janie Kate is doing well! She is so laughy, cuddly, and tickly. The boys all begged to have her sleep with them tonight. YEAH RIGHT. But I can see why!
They have also been talking about pets today. Ethan has $6 thanks to his wonderful Grandmas, and wants to buy a puppy. Eli wants a turtle. It all started when a golden retriever from the neighborhood showed up on our back deck trying to mooch some food today during dinner. The discussion has gotten as far as scooping poop.
Jonah has been sleeping on the floor for probably the past week because (my theory) his toddler bed is too small, so he was waking up amidst his thrashing about. So now he has a large area of floor which he can move freely in any direction, and it seems to be helping. I really am hoping it does because I am (barely) holding it together on 2-3 hour blocks of sleep, between JK and Jonah.
The boiler at the church developed a crack today and Eli's classroom sort of flooded a bit. His version:
"there was watew on the floow and when we got a paper towel it just got wosew(worser). So then we had to go to a different class. My teachew had alot of crackews today."
And later, when I asked how his day was, totally out of the blue he says:
"BAD... BECAUSE OF YOU!! EVEN YOU NEVEW LET ME GET MY LEGO MAGAZINE!"
Note to self: don't ask Eli how he's doing because he's always horrible and it's always my fault.
I wish I had a spiritual highlight from sacrament meeting but I was out with Jonah about 5o times. We did get there in time for the sacrament which was GREAT because we have missed it the past few Sundays. I have a firm belief that we get credit for trying, no matter what time we get there!
5 comments:
At least jonah didn't say his day was bad becasue Sis Ward didn't give him a bee. It was soooo hard because all the children were great today. I wanted to catch those that don't get chosen a lot.
We will miss you in Primary.
well miss you guys too much when you leave
It's so hard for me to not picture your family as "perfect"! So I love when I hear these stories & realize that everyone else's lives are as crazy as ours:) You have a great way of journaling everything... I love it!
OK I think it was your voodoo that made it so we don't have church on sunday at our building. You got out of a talk and all the hugs and tears from the linger longer. hehe
Becky,
Everytime I think about how hard it is to care for two kids who never sleep and have been sick ALL winter, I think about having to take care of four! You are a hero!
Post a Comment