Monday, July 13, 2015

July 6-12- More Summer fun in AZ


 Monday night we got Chik-fil-a and Wendy's and went over to Riverview Park. We were all pretty crabby in the car on the way there. A baked potato fell out of somebody's hands and I lost my patience. But we ended up having fun at the park even with that and the heat. I was so grateful to turn on the a/c in the car!

Lots of swim and dive team this week. I am so proud of Ethan and Eli for getting up so early each day to swim at Stapley. Eli had a hard time going Tuesday, I really had to do some convincing, and by that I mean bribing… and school clothes happened to come up!  After he came home Tuesday he said: "Thanks mom, for making me go." I had to scrape up my jaw off the ground! Ethan qualified to swim in the relay swim meet this week. He swam hard and Jonah and I had a fun time at the swim meet watching him. Jonah is becoming a great swimmer and diver.

Janie at her Dive Meet



 Jonah and I at Ethan's Swim meet. That face.



Friday night we did a 1 night away at Lake Roosevelt. We camped Friday night and then planned to be boating all day Saturday. It was a fun little get away.
 Eli and Janie getting ready for bed.




Janie, Sadie, Curtis and I slept in the boat, and the 3 boys slept on cots that we brought. It was actually pretty nice, there was a breeze and probably 80's that night. I woke up one time to a big bug zooming down at me, and a few times my hips digging into the floor of the boat, but for camping it was great.



We also brought little Cougar along! 

 Spur of the moment we turned at a sign that said 'cave dwellings.' Last time we came to Roosevelt we wanted to stop but didn't have time. It was 1/2 mile hike from our car up the hill to these 700 year old settlements.







Beautiful and so interesting.

 The Salado people would use the pigments from the rocks to colour pottery and barter with other groups for other resources.



This was a little bowl hollowed out that they would mix the pigments in. 


I love how light plays off of stone. One of my favourite things to photograph. 


On the way down with Eli still up there.


Time for fun on the water! Ethan tried wake boarding and got up the first time! He did really week. Jonah gave it a few great tires. The water was pretty choppy so Janie and I didn't try this time.

 Sadie and her buddy,

Sadie and her pretzels.


 Check out that sunburned face! We all got alot of sun and were hurting a little bit today. We had a great day on the lake and got home around 7:30 pm. I had to back the trailer down the most giant ramp you have ever seen, but with many mighty prayers I got that down there. That is so stressful.





The Chipmans invited us over to celebrate Laura's birthday, Mikane and Caleb were giving ethan some much needed love! 

No comments: