Saturday, April 14, 2012

Back from The Netherlands

THEY'RE BAA-AACK. I'm sure that's what our quiet, clean house thought when we charged in today, after a long almost 7 hour drive home. Sadie was pant-less, covered in chocolate, with a runny nose that she has been battling all week, along with a fever and all around crankiness. Everyone else was fighting over an iPad, iPhone, or just whining about being stuck in a car. We pulled everything out of the car, brought it in, and then Curtis headed to Costco to get some things for a baptism in our ward that was tonight.  Laundry is piling up around my ears, and I just went through 3 stacks of papers trying to find the kids talk assignments, which I did find, and they are for next week thank goodness. The kitchen is a wreck, and all I can think about is Anne Frank, Corrie Ten Boom, World War II, and Haarlem. Despite the craziness of travelling with the kids, the kids fighting and whining, and staying in a tiny, dirty, 400 year old house with stairs that really could have been the death of someone, it was an experience that I am glad we had as a family.

Memorable quotes:

Janie: "I'm peeing, I'm PEEING!!" - At least twice a day, but mostly when were in close quarters with others, like the Corrie Ten Boom Museum, and Anne Frank House. I thought a Dutchman walking his dog was going to call the authorities when we pulled into a car park and were trying to persuade Janie to water the bushes. She didn't, or wouldn't.

Janie: "I'm Hungry, I'm HUNGRY!"- Same as above. (Ironically, whenever we sit down to eat a meal, Janie doesn't eat a bite. She crawls under the table and around the table, and if you put food near her mouth, she back away like you are trying to feed her poison.)

Janie: "I'm tired, I'm TIRED!"- Same as above

Janie: "I want to go home. I WANT TO GO HOME!"- Same as above.

Janie: "I don't lub you. I only lub dad (or mom, or grandy)."

Ethan: "I hate Germans." - at the Corrie Ten Boom House. Fortunately, only Americans overheard and the mom made a comment about how alot of Germans didn't know what was happening to the Jews.

Eli: "Not to offend you mom, but..." (insert nicely stated insult here).

Jonah: "Heey, pickapop, doodee sawn." (still speaking his own language and trying to jump on my back anytime I bend down to take a picture.)

The weirdness continues, but now we are in our own house where it is ok. Glad to be home.




1 comment:

Amelia said...

Becky...this is hilarious! Love your posts!