It has always been a dream of mine to see the tulip fields in Holland. Tulips are one of my favourite flowers of all time. When we lived in New Jersey, I bought something like 400 bulbs and planted them in the flower beds in the front of our house. We had lots of flower beds at that house, whew. You can imagine my sadness and the words that flew when the deer ate them all up before they were 3 inches high!! I did plant a few in MN but was worried that the same thing would happen, but they came up last year perfectly! Jill put a picture of them on FB for me this year. sniff.
But... anyway we did make it to Holland, Stayed in Haarlem at Lange Anna. Ben, who let us in, told us that the house was 400 years old.
 |
| The LaClaire's on Lange Annastraat |
 |
| Stairs of death from the bottom- no the gate at the top does not latch |
S
 |
From the top
|
Those stairs were so steep and narrow that Janie cried the first 2 days we were there when she tried to come down. They were not deep enough for my whole foot, so I tiptoed them every time.
 |
the kitchen
|
 |
| Funky shops abound - this was just down the street |
Quirky old place, but they location was perfect. We spent alot of time just exploring Haarlem. The shops, Grote Markt, the square. Everything was a few minute walk from Lange Anna. There were 2 tv's there, but we couldn't get either of them to work, so we had very little screen time that way. It was kind of nice.
 |
| Jo Jo? |
 |
| Curtis... or Anne of Cleaves?? |
 |
| Eli... with BIGGER ears?? |
4 comments:
Can you imagine the clean-up with that kitchen?! I'm a bit envious (says the 8-month pregnant woman) Sounds like a fun trip - and I agree, tulips are so pretty. I have four left from the stinkin' deer. (I may or many not have used the exact word "Stinkin' "...
Love the death stairs- yikes! If JK has a fear of stairs in her future, you'll know why ;o) What a great trip!
check out my Mitt Romney hoodie....pretty sweet, eh?
check out my Mitt Romney hoodie....pretty sweet, eh?
Post a Comment