Sunday, April 8, 2012

First Easter Sunday in the UK

It was a gray day, but a beautiful day to remember the Resurrection. I spoke in church today, about Jesus Christ and the Plan of Salvation. I won't post the whole thing, but the last few paragraphs are my testimony of Jesus Christ on April 8 2012.

All of us here had faith in the premortal world that Jesus Christ would perform the atonement. We made a choice to follow Jesus Christ before we were born on this earth.  We rejoiced in the heavens when Jesus was born to Mary. The atonement was performed by him, sobering, awesome and complete. Because of that we can make mistakes, and still be resurrected after we die. That is a gift that Jesus gave us, and what we remember each Easter. 
Let us continue with the faith we had in that premortal world, now that we are here on earth with the veil over our eyes. We each have been given the Light of Christ while we are here on the earth, and if we listen with our heart, we can remember those feelings of faith in Jesus Christ.
  The sweet feelings of spiritual remembering are how that I know that a doctrine or principle of the gospel is true. I have had that feeling at church, at the temple, and while I have studied the scriptures. It is a feeling I recognize, a feeling that says: This is true, you are home. It is a feeling that I remembered each time one of our children was born, and a feeling that comes from a true testimony of someone else, written or spoken.  I have felt it once as I stood near a painting of The Savior’s birth. I testify that Jesus Christ did complete the atonement, and I will love him forever for it. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.




The kids and Curtis did some serious launches into the love sac after church. The kids loved it.





Our Easter feast was really good if I do say so myself. Ham with a sweet glaze, strawberry salad with sugared pecans, cheesy potatoes, and homemade bread which was still rising as we ate dinner. typical. But it deserved a picture because it was a meal that I worked on all afternoon, and thoroughly enjoyed eating:)  Janie had some later because she played Helen Keller tonight as usual and got sent to her room.




I got a chance to steal a few minutes outside with Sadie. She played with a little stick in the rock patio for literally 20 minutes while I took a bunch of pictures. She loves being outside, she climbs up the stairs and walks around on the grass, tears apart plants and east moss. I am so in love with this girl it is not even funny. Her curls are so cute.



 My sweethearts at dinner. Sorry Sadie you were stuck in the corner in your high chair.


Happy Easter! 

1 comment:

Curtis said...

Beautiful Sadie!!!