Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sadie's Blessing Day

When I remember this day, I will remember:
Rushing around before church to get food ready, giving Sadie a 5 minute snack before we left, and throwing a barrette in Janie's hair and rushing out the door.
I will remember putting on Sadie's bracelet, bow, and shoes during ward business, and being released as YW secretary and called as a Primary Worker and Cub Scout leader.
I will remember a sweet blessing given to Sadie by her daddy, surrounded by Grumpy, Bishop Anderson, Chuck Palmer, and Brandon Lee. She was blessed to have her mind open to the teaching of the Savior and enabled with a capacity to be led by the Holy Ghost. Also that she would accept opportunities to accept covenants, make good choices, and attend the temple, and be sealed to her family now and future family. Curtis also blessed her that her siblings would help her grow. He told her that she is a choice daughter of God, and has been kept for a special time and purpose, and that she is loved very much.
I will remember how quiet unusually quiet Sadies brothers and sister were during her blessing!!
I will remember a tiny little girl in a long white dress that I love so much!


Sadie in the Mothers Room



Sadie with Calvin Gray and an adorable coy expression



Eli, Sadie, Hogan, and Mason



All 7!!! of us after church



The whole group (except Grumpy) at home ready to eat!



3 comments:

sammysangel said...

She looks soo tiny in the chair

Niki said...

I love the picture. You'll have to email it to me.

Katrina said...

She's getting so big! I always love reading your posts - you are funny! :)