What fun it is planning and having a surprise party! After Kim's party I just about wanted to have surprise parties for EVERYONE this year. Todd and Curtis did an excellent job of getting Kim to the house without her suspecting anything. They planned it out beforehand, but here is their conversation (with Kim hopefully listening in the background):
Curtis: Hey Todd, I got some new sticks and wanted you to stop by and look at them some blah blah time.
Todd: How about next Tuesday?
Curtis: Busy... maybe Monday?
Todd: What if we stopped by today, we're going to El Toro for dinner (a little Mexican resaurant by our house that Kim (and I) love).
Curtis: ok, see you around 6:15
Curt and Sandy did their part too; they stopped by Kim and Todd's to drop by a birthday present. This is my conversation with Kim after they left:
Kim: So, mom and dad stopped by to say happy birthday and guess where they were going? To Keith and Kayla's house for dinner!!!
Me: NO!
Kim: What happened to the days where mom would call me up and ask me what I wanted for dinner, and what kind of cake I wanted... I guess now that I'm 40 I need to realize that my birthday isn't all about me!! laugh laugh.
So all these little things made the moment even MORE delicious when Kim walked in the door-
Curtis answered the door and said: Kim is in the house! and she did a little whoop whoop... and then got quiet I think she she saw all the shoes and food and Happy Birthday banner. Everyone who came:
Don and Kitty Sinjem
Chuck and Mary Sinjem
Joann, Rhonda and Wendy (the LaRoch's)
Steve and Stephanie Sinjem
Keith and Kayla and Mason
Derek and Jenny and Isabelle
Curt and Sandy
Dana and Amy Oelkers
John and Miria Kirkham
Joan Hubbell
Jim and Jana Roberts
No comments:
Post a Comment