I am putting off downloading the pictures that I took while I was in Idaho last weekend for some reason. Probably because I have been playing catch up this week for being gone those 4 days!
JK and I braved it and traveled from MSP to PHX and then PHX to SLC. We got to see Noelle and Josh, Joel and Sara and the twins, Landyn and Miles, Dionne and Sandy on Friday night. Congratulations graduate Joel!!! Then Saturday we drove up to Bountiful and spent a few hours with Blake and Lara, and James (oops, I meant orange boy!) and Bethany. Then onward to Pocatello, made it in 1:45 a personal best, just in time to be home for the awkward moment of Rosie being late for her debut in "As You Like It." (it's a long but entertaining story, not involving the use of cell phones) It was pretty amazing to see my little sister rattle off Shakespeare like nobody's business. Not only did she have her lines memorized, but I think she had the majority of the play memorized. It was great. Good job Rosie!!
I got to see my Grandma Duke, and she got to see JK for the first time. I hope I look as great when I am 81!!!
Also saw Aunt Suzanne and Uncle Brian, they brought a beautiful doll for JK, from them and my cousin April.
Sunday we went to church, and saw some parents of an old high school friend. First thing that comes up is "oh, he's divorced..."
Why oh why do some parents feel the need to broadcast personal info to the world? And it's usually negative.
I loved hanging out w/ Curti, Jordyn, Jeff and Dave Saturday night. It was like a time warp laughing and playing games until late at night.
The drive back to SLC Monday morning was so beautiful. I love being able to see for miles and miles, the only thing obscuring my vision was the mountains and the curve of the earth. It's amazing how few people there are! I feel so lucky to call Idaho my home.
We made it home safe and sound, and I don't think I flashed anybody, so by my standards, an excellent trip!
The guys had 'boys weekend' which included putting carpet in their new bedroom and a trip to Chucky Cheese, and also haircuts. I was so excited to see their faces when they picked us up at the airport. Wow I missed them so much! I need to take lots more trips so I can appreciate them more and more!!! Ha ha! Good night Shanghai!
7 comments:
Good night my Love!
Sounds like a wonderful eventful few days! Love that when it makes you appreciate your family more. I agree more vacations! :) And OOOHHHH...to Curtis comment. :)
Sounds like you had fun. Did you get the wall torn down for the boys room? I've been in CA and Utah the past two weeks. Go home on wednesday. It has been a good trip. Womens Conference was amazing, and have secured a place for the open house in August.
sounds like fun miss you
Glad you got a few days away. There's absolutely nothing like it to help you appreciate your kids more...it does get pretty boring without them, huh? Curtis is a brave man for taking the boys to Chuck E. Cheese. I haven't gotten Keith to step foot in that place for years!
I'm waiting for a post about the neon green mud room. :)
Diddo on looking as good as Grandma!!! Mom said JK was adorable! Glad you had fun.
that's how i feel about miles when he comes back from his dad's. i'm soooo happy to see him even though the last time he left he was probably driving me crazy and i was glad to see him go. horrible confession i know but sometimes a woman just needs a break from her kids.
Post a Comment