Jonah: Huh hu hu happy Mowthers day!
Me: Thanks Jo!
Jonah: uh uh uh I made you a card! It has two flowews, then one flowew... then I scribbled on the back...
Me: I love it! What is the picture inside of?
Jonah: uh... it's a ghost... killing a guy...
awesome
Then: Breakfast in bed, rush and get ready for church. I love Mother's Day in the Elm Creek ward. Relief Society is all about visiting teaching, and food!! Before we moved to Jersey I was the VT coordinator, so I got to plan it once or twice before. But today there was a skit. It was great. And mini loaves of bread (mine was lemon choc chip) so good!! Great job Jackie!
After church I opened up Ethan's card. It was a fill in the blank:
Mom, you are as pretty as a ----------- butterfly
You are as busy as a -------------bee
You are as nice as a -----------spider a wolf spider
???
Apparently a wolf spider does not bite people, so Ethan must have noticed that I, also, do not bite people. What an astute observation from my brown eyed first grader!
And Eli made me three really sweet Mother's Day BOOKS using staples. I love them all!
And last but not least a sweet card from Curtis that made me cry.
Wow, it was a great Mother's Day!
5 comments:
I'm so glad to know you don't bite, Becky!
Happy Mother's Day to a wonderful mother!
very cute miss you guys
lol that is hilarious. one day when you write your book i would like to see my name on the dedication page as the woman who pushed you to do so. OR you can send me a thank you gift when you're collecting your royalties and going on oprah. (truth be told i'd rather have a gift)
Oh, that was fun to read! Your kids are darling funny.
I can hear Jojo saying all that - so cute!
Post a Comment