Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

I almost can't believe that I'm posting about Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving. So unlike me to be prompt like that! Thanksgiving to me is: celebrating our many blessings with family and food (and looking at ads for Black Friday. Are you getting up early?). And now after cooking for two days straight I can say that I can make an entire Thanksgiving dinner by myself. It's like giving birth naturally (!!!!), given a choice, I would probably choose a different route, but it was totally worth it!
Menu:
Brined turkey, roasted upside down
Mashed potatoes
Stuffing
Hot Gravy
Baked Ham
Aunt Joyce's sweet potatoes
Green Bean casserole
Rolls hot from the oven w/ homemade strawberry jam
Homemade cranberry sauce- almost didn't make it but good thing I did because Jane liked it alot
Pumpkin and Apple pie with vanilla ice cream

At the table, after the annual Turkey Bowl, before dinner.


Our guests were Elder Dixon and Elder Moore (we were the first of their 3!!! dinners), and Miss Jane Morse from our ward.

Cute picture of my little men looking at our little lady.




And my sweet love did the dishes afterward! The only thing that would have made this day better would have been to be with grandmas and grandpas and grumpies and grandies and aunties and uncles and cousins. Maybe next year!!


6 comments:

Sara LaClaire said...

maybe next year or for sure next year???

Collins Family said...

Got your comment on my blog... Are you guys moving back already in December? Or still looking at houses at that time? Do you think you will come back to this area? Sean is so excited! He keeps reminding me of stories that occured with Ethan:) We are so excited to have you back!!! Good luck with the whole process. Keep us posted...

Katrina said...

I bet you were exhausted! That sounds so yummy though. I kind of got out of my work since I've been so sick this last week. I was going to make some homemande rolls and pie. We just ended up getting some at Costco! :) You'll have to read my post about our home-grown turkeys! :)

Exciting about your move back to Minnesota! That is crazy. You haven't been in NJ that long? It will be nice to be close to some family again I bet.

Camille Pixton Ashcraft said...

When I read that you were moving, for a minute I had my hopes up that it would be close to me. Minnesota is not any closer than NJ. Anyway, this year I am thankful that you and I are in contact again. Thank you for letting me view your blog. You are a group of really good looking people. I am glad you finally got a beautiful girl for all those boys to watch over. Keep in touch

Blue Ribbon Family said...

Becky, sounds like you had an eventful Thanksgiving like me. I cooked this year for part of our huge family, which ended up being about 38 people. It was fantastic, but also VERY tiring. It is so much fun to cook it all by yourself... there is some sort of satisfaction seeing what you were able to accomplish. I hope you get what you want for next year. I cant believe how wquickly your baby is changing... it goes by so fast!

Amy Hunter said...

I'm so impressed!!! By the way, your kitchen is beautiful! So is your family. I love your new family picture up top. It almost brought tears to my eyes! You all look so sweet. Life is great.