Friday, September 5, 2008

Ethan's first day of school

Ethan started first grade this week! I can't believe that he's in actual grade school now, where he has recess and lunch and a full day! He was soooo excited to go back and see his friends from kindergarten and meet his teacher Mrs. Quigg (is that not a name from Harry Potter?) Our next door neighbor, Esha, also started first grade so Raji (Esha's mom) and I were out with the cameras!







After taking pictures of Ethan, Eli wanted me to take a picture of him sitting on the curb too!!


Raji and I were the overzealous moms holding up the bus to take pictures!
Curtis, the kids and I and Raji followed the school bus up to the school to watch the kids go in. It was so cute to see them light up when they saw us waiting when they got off the bus! I sent Ethan with a lunch and money to buy a milk, but somehow he ended up in the lunch line and managed to get a hot dog without paying for it! He had a good day, although I had to pester him after school to get any info about what happened during the day. I still don't really know what he does each day, because in this strange state the back-to-school night is after the kids have been in school for a week. I am excited to see is classroom and meet Mrs. Quigg next Thursday. I'll be looking for owls, rats, and magic wands in the classroom:)

8 comments:

Sara LaClaire said...

i think it's awesome ethie ended up with a free hot dog. yum!

Katrina said...

Love the teacher's name. :) Our back to school night isn't for two more weeks either, but we do have an open house before school starts too. I laughed about the hot dog thing. Austin wanted to buy lunch the first day, and of course I was all worried about if he was up to handling the task. He did fine, but he was like, "Well, mom everybody else brought their lunch in a box." :)

Unknown said...

Oh, you even got a photo of them on the bus! How sweet. That photo of him in front of the bush: You should take a photo of him in front of it down low so it looks like his hair--I know my kids would think that was hilarious!

Blue Ribbon Family said...

First day of school is great in many ways, and yet almost kind of a drag in others! I hope you enjoyed it, and I hope he did too!

Andie said...

I love that he scored a free hot dog! Way to go!

Jenni said...

Love the pictures...waiting for the bus and on the bus. Only thing missing is the getting off the bus. That was so sweet of you to follow the bus and watch him into school. Bella is dying to ride the bus. We just walk the school it is soooo close.

Amy Hunter said...

Oh becky, I just had a few seconds to look at your blog because I'm in a rush tonight (I'm being induced tomorrow morning, so I'm trying to get lots done). BUT, you have such a beautiful family! I'm so happy for you! You are just as I imagined, a fun and creative, wonderful mother. What lucky children and husband you have. Good luck with your baby. Hopefully soon!

By the way, I LOVE the names you have chosen for your boys! What are you going to name your daughter???

Mia said...

Love the Pictures. Get a look at Eli in the back ground of the curb picture. Love his look.

Due date is approaching! I hope you all keep us posted. We'll be waiting to hear the good news.

We miss you guys.