
Curtis gave me an airline ticket to Minnesota for Mother's Day this year, which was really sweet and thoughtful , but kind of pricey, and for a random weekend in July. I can honestly say I had NO IDEA that there was a secret conspiracy going on. Kayla told me about a week ago that Kim had planned something for Saturday morning, but she didn't know what it was, and got the feeling that Kim didn't want to talk about it (so sneaky). I didn't think much of it because Kim hadn't said anything to me, and she knew I had plans with Michelle, a friend from AZ that day. So I kind of thought that whatever it was had fallen through. Then on Friday Kayla brought it up again while I was talking to Kim, and Kim said that she did have something planned, but that it was in the morning and wouldn't take very long. For the life of me I couldn't imagine what wouldn't take very long with me, Kayla, and Kim :) The only thing I could come up with was we were going to take pictures together, which how bizarre would that be? So on Saturday Kayla and I drove down from Kayla's house, where I stayed that night, to Kim's house. When we pulled onto the street I noticed an unusual amount of cars parked, and I thought that maybe one of Kim's neighbors was having a get together or something. Then I saw Heather walking up Kim's driveway and the wheels in my head finally started turning...

Mirjam and Sarah

Kim, Dionne and Amy

Nikki, Heather and Emily

Jenny and Lanna

Noah and Jen

Me and Dionne

Me and Kayla
My good friend Michelle was also there, which was soooo awesome. She is a Minnesota native and was in the area visiting family. It was so good to see you Michelle! If you have a better picture where I don't look loaded email it over!!

Of course being the emotional person that I am, and add to that being pregnant, and having so many people that mean so much to me in one room, I was kind of a wreck for a few minutes. What a fantastic surprise, and fun shower! Thanks Kim, Kayla, and Sandy, and everyone who came for making it such a special day!
6 comments:
HAHAHA! Your quick, but I'm smart! LOL
OK, I am not... I just accidently clicked on your link again and saw a new post! ;) You are so cute preggo! :)
you look great! and it is fun to see a picture of you actually looking pregnant. :) i wish i could've been there, but i'm finally starting to feel sick and i probably would have been a major party pooper. can't wait to see pics of the baby girl & hear what cute name you guys pick!
I can't believe we pulled it off! I was SO sure you suspected something. We were trying to be sneaky without making it too complicated. I'm so happy it all worked out. I had SO much fun planning/scheming with Mom and Kayla! You know I love you and I am so happy that we could do this for you!
It was so great to see you Becky. I'm so glad to be able to share that special day with you.
Wish I could've been there, just reading about it made me tear up :( Love you Becks!
Becky, I was so bummed to miss your shower. As you can see, we haven't been home much & it fell on a date when we were gone. It looks like you had a great time & you are growing so cute! :) We are so excited for you - having a GIRL! I added you to my favorite's & will enjoy reading your blogs. Sean will also be thrilled to see pictures of his old friends. What a fun way to keep in touch.
Post a Comment