Monday, June 13, 2011

I think you're Wonderful!

Eli's all about me presentation to his class







Eli and Mrs. Johnson

Eli had such a wonderful first grade experience. His teacher was Heidi Johnson this year. Eli came into first grade having gone to KIP in kindergarten and then summer school after kindergarten for extra help. With Mrs. Johnson he has flourished and is right on target for 2nd grade. Not only did he have a good academic year, he had a great social year. Mrs. Johnson went above and beyond and gave Eli (and I) a lesson in being wonderful. Eli would often get a card in the mail, or a note during the school day that said: "Eli, I think you are wonderful" or "You are an amazing, incredible miracle." When a year like this ends, it brings tears to my eyes- tears of gratitude for a teacher who sees the potential in my Eli, and tears of sadness that his time with her is over. Thank you Mrs. J. for an absolutely wonderful year of first grade!

I think you're wonderful!

When somebody says it to me

I feel wonderful!

As wonderful can be

It makes we want to say

The same thing to somebody new

And by the way I've been meaning to say

I think you're wonderful too!


No comments: