I am so exhausted. Today was a day with 5 kids home for summer vacation. I am with Mr. Carlson on this one- why do we need a summer break when kids don't have any part of helping take care of a farm ( my words not his, he used the phrase egregian society...). I am getting alot of chances to realize how impatient I am. I think I had to choose about 200 times to speak normally instead of YELL AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS BECAUSE NOBODY LISTENS TO ME. EVER. I did cry a few times though. Is that better than yelling? I don't know.
Good kids- our kids- are annoying. and slow. and mean sometimes (Is there a surefire way to help a 9 year old stop biting?) But I am trying very hard to look beyond that and see each of them as a person who is going to grow up and probably get over biting other kids, and be pretty normal. And that helped today. Not to mention constant prayer and scarfing chocolate in the pantry:)
2 comments:
Awww, Becky, I've totally had those days too. School is not out yet, but I took 3 of the 4 to the store last week and thought, oh, summer is going to be a ton of fun...NOT! Hang in there. You are an awesome Mom!!!
Ah, Chocolate in the pantry.....it works wonders. I do that too. I feel your pain and joy.
Post a Comment