Why is February spelled so funny? I'm not sure how anyone would actually SAY February the way it is spelled. Also, made an observation that nobody says Jimmer FREDETTE, it is said FURD-ette with a glorious Utah accent:) I weirdly notice things like that but have a hard time remembering useful information like names or appointments. A few things on my mind tonight are:
- I have been having a strange sensation in the ball of my left foot, it feels like warm water is being poured on my foot about every 3-5 minutes.It has probably been happening for a week and a half. I hope it is not gout.
- Sadie has slept through the night 3 or 4 times this week, twice she slept 12 hours. It is wonderful!
- Curtis and I had a lovely Valentines Day lunch at the Melting Pot yesterday (Saturday) afternoon. I am determined to make fondue! I am not going to let the price of fontina and butterkase cheese stop me this time! Valentine tradition? hmmm, I like that idea!
-I need to print out an award certificate for the "Leader for the Right"- I wish I could claim the idea but it is a Linda and Richard Eyre tradition that I think is cute and I want to start! It is an award given to one child each week for making good choices/choosing the right/being a leader each week. I think it will help Curtis and I to notice good things that the kids are doing, and I think we will try the winner of the award each week gets a date with me or Curtis. Family night would be a good night to do it.
- Got a new Bishopric today: Todd Anderson, with Andrew Youngquist and Justin Thompson. I was touched by the testimonies today. I raised my right hand to sustain them while I was nursing Sadie in the Mothers room:) When I went into the chapel afterward, I had a saw the old Bishopric (Bishop Crockett, Brother Parkinson, Brother Oku) and the Stake Presidency (President Paynter, Brother Toronto, and Brother Wilson) along with the new Bishopric. I got tears in my eyes thinking about what good men they are and how I want to support them in their callings. President Paynter is an endearing person. We(along with all of the kids in the stake)got Valentines from him last week. Also he starts off every stake conference with a rhyme reminiscent of a Dr. Seuss book. I am going to miss Bishop Crockett as Bishop, I feel like I have learned so much from him, as an example and also hearing him teach the youth.
- Not only do we have a new Bishopric but our ward is going to be changing! A new ward is going to be created next week. It is going to be a looong week waiting for the news of the boundary changes and everything that comes with it. It makes me sad to think of friends who won't see and interact with every Sunday.
- Also found out this week that we will not have an opportunity to make a decision about another move to New Jersey. What a huge relief. I have been stressing about this possibility for a few months. But what else does Curtis have up his sleeve?? Only time will tell...(don't worry sweetheart very few people are going to get to the end of this post).
-I love having a valentine. My valentine is awesome. He can rock Sadie, and take care of 4 rowdies while interviewing for an SM job. He sings to Janie Kate each night after her gives her a bath, brushes her hair, and blow dries it for her. He kisses Jonah on the lips (well Jo kisses everyone on the lips but still...) He knows about most everything because you name it and he has worked there (tire shop, retail, Bakers Square, door-to-door sales, Tree farm and everything else). He takes my car to the carwash and fills it up without me asking him. He also keeps me up on the latest technology. When I come back from mutual he has put the kids to bed and cleaned up the kitchen!! I am such a lucky girl to have such a rockin Valentine!
New Week... ready set go!
2 comments:
Sweet post, Becky! You rock too, ya know. ;)
OOOOKAAAAY! Now that was just MEAN, lol.;) The first time I read this. I'm going through it saying, yeah, I hope it's not gout too. Awww what a good 5th child. Been there done that, sustained someone in the Mothers lounge. Then, all I see is "opportunity!... moving back to NJ!" I almost pee my pants from the sheer JOY. THEN...I read it over to make sure I read that correctly...I didn't... Now I'm totally crying. That's noooot fuuuunnnny. However, You know I love you guys anyway, even if you're not moving back to Jersey...YET!:) BOOOHOOO! Pleeese come Baaaack!
Post a Comment