There have been alot of changes in our ward over the past few months... and we found out today that we are getting a new Bishopric next week! Our Young Womens presidency recently changed, leaving me, as the secretary, the only old timer. It has been interesting and I have to admit when Lanna Palmer was released, and then all the counselors and advisors in the following weeks, I was worried about the change. I was used to the way things were, I knew what to expect and what was expected from me. Also, I was good friends with the old leaders, and could relate to most of them as being young (er) moms with several kids. Our new Presidency and advisors are all ages and have different experiences to bring to the table... and I am finding that it is going to be good for all of us to learn from each other and good for the Young Women to have leaders that will bring different things out in them. Patty C. taught today about teaching. I have been really thinking about this lately and feeling those urgent feelings of needing to improve, specifically to be a better example of kindness, and also self discipline. What I took from today's lesson was just for me, and I am going to incorporate it this week.
How did Jesus Christ teach?
1. With love- the most important ingredient!
2. With stories (parables)- layers of meaning, requires active participation from the learner, uses everyday things and captures interest.
3. When it was needed- listen to the spirit and the learner- don't get caught up in my agenda, be willing to change plans and be spontaneous and teach in the moment.
4. Study for knowledge- Need to be current in my spiritual CE (continuing education)
5. With prayer-to communicate with Heavenly Father and have and listen to the spirit.
Also I will add use scriptures and bear testimony.
A new week begins... in about 7 hours... gotta get some sleep:)
1 comment:
Change is so hard.... and more is coming. Oh boy- what lessons will we learn from those changes? I'll have to keep watching for more wisdom on your next post ;0)
Post a Comment