Monday, April 20, 2009

Turn off the tv week

Tomorrow, April 2o, begins turn off the tv week at Oxbow Creek Elementary. Who thinks up this stuff? Obviously someone CRAZY who FORGOT what it was like to have kids under 5 at home all day LONG.

I am seriously not going to survive.

7 comments:

The Ward Family said...

Yes you can!!!! Janelle and I are off to Cali tomorrow morning. Had my housefull of company leave yesterday. Now to put the house back in order, pack, organize, get paperwork for trip, attend funeral, whew, hope I get it all done. Mick left for Georgia today, so it is more likely it will get done.

Jenni said...

You will be surprised how easy it can be. Our town had an unplugged month in March where we unplugged our tv's, computers, etc.....well we only left them off and used occasionally. I thought it was going to be so hard but it wasn't and Carson (who is my tv, movie guy) did very well. It was nice for myself as well. I got a lot more reading done, especially while I nursed. And Carson did a lot more imaginative play. :)

Unknown said...

Sweet we are doing it too.....and the afternoons are hard!! We are busy all morning, but the TV makes a nice little afternoon break for me. Oh well...I'm sure we can last a week!

Katrina said...

Let me know how it goes. I have a friend who only lets her kids watch one show a week. She has 4, and her oldest is 8. She's a good example but makes me feel guilty. I try not to let the kids watch too much, but it's hard sometimes! :)

Amy Hunter said...

I'm on your side. Give me PBS or give me death.

sammysangel said...

hahahaahaha

Becky said...

We are doing ok surprisingly!!! Ma I haven't spent any time online during the day... :)