The Sequoia had a dead battery today. I think it's because I left the lights on. They're automatically supposed to go off, but I think that it still sapped the battery. Lights are just meant to be turned off. And the crazy part was that the negative and positive ports on the battery weren't labeled, AT ALL. It caused a little bit of frustration in the form of this dialogue between Curtis and I on the phone:
Me: Hi honey, the car is dead as a doornail
Curtis: Well you can charge it with the charger.
Me: ohh... ok.
(Search for charger, hook up charger, yell at kids for unplugging charger, plug charger back in, tell kids to go inside, get into argument with Eli about going inside)
Me: ok, what do I do?
Curtis: put the red on the red and black on the black.
Me: there is no red and black.
Curtis: put the positive on the positive and negative on the negative.
Me: There is no positive and negative.
Curtis: deep sigh


Really! Promise! NOTHING!
Good thing my friends Alli and Megan came over and through excellent deduction skills figured it out that the slightly pinkish dust around one of the... knobs? probably meant that there was once a red cap on that side.
Me: ok, I'm gonna do it, hopefully it won't blow up
Megan (as she grabs Christiano and Angelo and retreats quickly) : It DEFINITELY won't
Sequoia: Doesn't turnover AT ALL
Alli (who didn't even wince or move from right in front of the car when I used the words blow up) : Maybe it's the starter. Or the alternator.
Me: huh?
Alli: yeah.. because I have crappy cars that always need work.
It was a great day even though I smell like barf:)
10 comments:
Ok Becky it is now your fault that I didn't get going on the aprons AGAIN!!!! Loved your blog and of course I had to go back forever to read it all. You do a great job and I love your background. Good luck on the laundry today and supporting our utilities.
Becky... if i were there, i would definitely help you with your laundry. That's what I do... and seeing kim's pictures make me sad... b/c I want to go to jersey!!!
Okay, that was hilarious! I was laughing out loud about the whole laundry thing and you trying to recharge the car battery. If it were me, my husband would have had to come home from work. I'm an idiot when it comes to that stuff. Anyway, that's funny Curt needs his jeans washed everyday. :) You're funny Becky! Thanks for the laugh.
this is hilarious stuff. you should blog more or just write a book. actually, you should write a book. you've got some awesome dialogue from your family and the good things is you always write it down. i'm serious about this and if you do i think i should get some sort of royalty for the idea. (yeah, i'm from LA and got no shame in asking for a part of that. :D )
Hmmm... "limp" jeans (I love it!) vs. faded jeans from washing them too often... maybe there is some middle ground? When you guys come up with the perfect number of times to wear jeans before washing them, let me know...
Becky, I LOVE your journaling skills! You have a wonderful ability of being able to put down on paper (or a blog) what all of us Mothers go through every day!!! Your stories are the best. I love it:)
You are brave! I think I would've just waited until Keith got home. I'm glad you didn't blow up the car or yourself! :)
I agree with you, if it doesn't look dirty and it smells O.K., you can definitely wear it a few times without washing it. I think Keith's given up on me, since he's been known to actually do his own laundry once in awhile. Maybe Curtis should try this?! :)
hahaha! Becky this story makes me laugh so much. I am so clueless when it comes to charging a car battery too! The funny thing is I don't think Blake would do any better.lol I am horrible about laundry, it is the bane of my existence!!
I'm actually laughing out loud. you sound like me. Phil gets so frustrated, but you know when it comes to cars it really is "rocket science." We grew up with dolls. that's my only defense (oh and my dad got a brand new car every year through Ford, so that's the second if the dolls don't work!)
You are hilarious! I love to read what you write because I can hear your voice exactly as I remember it. You're awesome! I smell like barf too if that helps. I feel for you in the laundry department!!
Post a Comment