
I love it when I start seeing pumpkins at the roadside fruit stand up the street! It means a change of seasons, harvest time, Halloween, chilly mornings, sweat shirt weather! If you ask Curtis it means football season. We had all-sport passes for a few years at BYU and there is nothing like walking into Lavell Edwards stadium on a fall afternoon for a BYU football game. Fall has always been fun for me because my birthday is in September, and now with Janie Kate's birthday and mine being so close (just 6 days apart) I am excited to start new, fun birthday traditions.
My friend Kari gave me a recipe for dinner in a pumpkin and with pumpkins being so plentiful I couldn't wait to give it a try. It turned out really good! It was a chicken/ mushroom soup with rice. I think I needed to roast the pumpkin for a little bit longer so it was more tender, but it looked so beautiful and made the house smell all pumpkin-y. Next: pies!! (from a real pumpkin) Anybody ever done it?
1 comment:
I love Fall too! I made two pumpkin pies this week (not from the pumpkin though). Having a baby in the Fall is the best. It's so cozy (Tyler is October 26). Aren't you loving all the Fall colors out east? We do have some here, but nothing beats the east coast in the Fall.
Post a Comment