Cougar came to us via Craigslist:) I had wanted to get a rescue dog, but Friday we spent all day at the Mesa animal shelter waiting to look at a dog- long story, but I was there with all 5 kids from 12-3 and we never got to see the dog we went there to see. It was frustrating and so that night I did a search on Craigslist and a little white maltipoo came up. We did a little more research on the breed and it looked like what we were looking for: low-shedding, playful, good with kids and other pets, and small. We went to look at him Friday night, and he was such a cute little ball of fur, didn't bark alot, curious, but not overbearing. The kids were in love. Curtis and I weren't sure, we had heard so many horror stories about puppies. We we slept on it Friday, and sent back and forth Saturday morning and afternoon. By Saturday late afternoon we decided to go for it!
He came as Chippy but became Cougar pretty quickly. Janie carries him around like a baby for most of his waking hours. Curtis came home one day after a week of this and said "I'm surprised everyday when I come home and that dog is still alive." Yep. Me too.


No comments:
Post a Comment