Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week Review: January 22-28

This was a week of staying home and playdates. Curtis was in Dubai for most of the week, so we just camped out and did our daily routine. We did have the adventure with the plumber, who opened up the man holes and pulled out the sock of rice from the toilet line. I actually never saw it, I was walking down to get Janie from preschool when it made it's way out... although the temptation to go and get it out of the garbage can was definitely... present. I think Curtis said it best: "It's probably not very cozy anymore." So sad.


Curtis and Flat Stanley in front of the MI:4 building


Ahh, and the PWD! We had two cars competing this year and it was a lot of fun. Both were gray and red sharks, but with different fins and touches here and there. Curtis worked on those things for HOURS, he had a drill, and a scale, but no other tools. The boys have a good Pack here.


During Janie's playmate with Zoe I did learn about thick, delicious Italian hot chocolate from Zoe's mom. I will never be the same. Jonah and Sadie and I battled a cold for most of the week, but everyone is doing better. Then Ethan and Eli both had friends from their classes at school over Saturday morning. Saturday night we drove to Camberly and had dinner with some friends from Honeywell. People who invite us over are very brave. We are a big loud crew and usually at least one person is crying (sometimes it is me) Dinner was delicious, it was really fun to catch up with Linda and Chris and their boys.

I visited a few thrift stores and found some treasures this week. A small ironstone pitcher, a small pewter pitcher, an old map of Surrey, and an old bell to hang on our playhouse. I love secondhand stores. Heck, I was practically raised at D.I.!! I sure do miss a good D.I. (sigh) The thrift stores here are (just like everything else) very small. I can barely manuever my stroller through the Princess Alice Hospice Store in Esher. The Oxfam is a little bit better. I am going to try Kingston this week. (Excuse me while I hyperventilate thinking about parking).

We venture out to Sicily in 2 weeks. We are staying in a villa on the Northern coast, and going to the Aolien islands, Taoromina,  Palermo.  All I have to say is Gelato and Italian hot chocolate. And fire baked pizzas. Can't wait!!

3 comments:

Mary Ann Carlile said...

What awesome adventures you're having! I'm kinda jealous in a way, but then I think that if I really did live there, I'd probably be too lazy and unadventurous and just sit in my house all day with my kids, so I may as well just stay here;) Glad the plumbing issue is resolved!

D said...

wow what an awesome week and what an awesome time to come in Italy. have fun!

The Ward Family said...

So happy to hear about your adventures and life with the LaClaire Family. I love how you are taking advantage of "seeing and doing" while there.
Your an inspiration to do a weekly update.....guess I should just start and what did one wise man say....."JUST DO IT!"