We were about one millimeter away from going to the ER Monday night, thanks to a swing, a pair of pruners, and 2 boys who have been fighting alot these days. Eli was sitting in the baby swing below our deck, and Jonah got mad about something, and walked up to him and threw the shears at Eli's face. Eli started screaming, and Curtis came running ( I was upstairs putting JK to bed). Curtis said that he could see blood around Eli's eye but Eli wouldn't open his eye. He also said that he picked Eli up and Eli clung onto him so hard! Curtis thought that the shears had pierced Eli's eye, until they got upstairs, and then Eli opened his eye. The shears caught him right in the corner of the eye and scratched down Eli's face. What I heard from upstairs was 2 boys crying like they had been seriously injured. Mom's know that cry, ya know? Jonah was WAILING, and this is what he said:
WAAHHH: MOM I FEEL SOOOOO BAD!!
WAAHHHH: I SHOULDN'T HAVE DID THAT SHOULD I???
I'M SOOOO TIRED! WAAHHHH
While he was doing this Curtis and Eli were having a conversation in the next room. Eli came into the bathroom and said:
"It's ok Jonah, I forgive you... " gave Jonah a big hug, and shed a few tears himself. I think I did too. And pretty sure Curtis had a few as well. It was a sweet moment.
And later in the bath tub Jonah told me at least 3 times:
"Mom, I'm SEWIOUS I fowgive Eli!"
I'm pretty sure that Jonah was having good feelings for Eli by that comment, and that is a very good thing these days!
4 comments:
Oh my goodness! I'm glad Eli was okay. So far James hasn't come after Bethie with any sharp objects. eeek! I hope everything is going well with you guys!! We haven't been out to the Tanner's in quite a while so we don't get any news really. Maybe one of these days when we actually have some money we could come see you guys huh!! I'm glad for blogging at least! We love ya!
Poor guys! that must have been scary! Glad that it came with a sweet ending and love! We miss you guys!
Y'all are such good parents- seriously, boys will be boys, but not all brothers will be that sweet about it. Glad that whole thing turned out alright.
I have to tell you about a conversation I had with Grace this morning. We just saw Curtis a couple of days ago, and she has had your family on her mind ever since. So this morning, she told me that we have to look for TWO houses when we move. When I asked her why, she responded, in a very "duh, mom" kind of way, that we needed to find two houses next to each other so that "Curtis and his wife and his kids can come and live by us- so we can all play together." She couldn't believe that the idea hadn't been part of our plan already. You made a lasting impression. :) Wanna come to Phoenix again?
This totally made ME tear up... they are so sweet :)
Post a Comment