Wow it has been quite the week around here, Ethan turned 8 last Tuesday, April 6th, and then he was baptized Sunday, April 11. I cannot believe that MY child was baptized on Sunday. I'm way too young to have an 8 year old... right? It was well worth feeling old to have such a beautiful day and special ordinance happen in Ethan's life. He had an interview with our Bishop, Bishop Crockett, a few weeks ago, and Bishop Crockett said that Ethan really understood what baptism meant. I love this age of 8! The buck teeth and everything. We were singing a song during scriptures today and Ethan's voice is so sweet and high, but it won't always be that way, he's growing up quick!!

Ethan opened one present when he woke up- it was a Bakugan and a Bakugan guide book.

Eli, Eth and mom. We are making a Bionicle cake for his friend party in a few weeks

Ethan's first scriptures! He was so excited, he took them to his first night of Scouts last Wed!

Sunday morning, before church

Walking out the door on the way back to the church- self styled hair

Ethan and Curtis

Afterward, getting in on the cookies

This one speaks for itself. Janie was having a rough day.

Mom and Eth

Grandpa LaClaire confirmed Ethan as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I had to convince Ethan to let Curtis baptize him... he wanted Grumpy to do that too!
Ethan's favorites at 8:
Vegetable: black olives
Fruit: pears
Toy: Bakugans
Candy: grape Jolly Rancher
Dinner: hot dogs
Movie: Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief
Book: How to Train your Dragon
Color: Blood Red
Snack: hard boiled eggs
School subject: science
Best Friends: David and Kylie
Wants to be an: Engineer
Sports Team: Cougars
Favorite Song: Axel F
Favorite Story: 2,000 Stripling Warriors
What fun to be a mom to a great kid called Ethan. I love you buddy!
4 comments:
Awww, congrats, Ethan! And Curtis and Becky, too. :)
We have a picture of Mason just like yours of Janie from Abby's baptism. Mase was sick, and in the one pic we have of all the kids together he was bawling his head off.
Congratulations to Ethan and his parents! What a great day it must have been for ALL of you! I am in agreement...8 IS a lot of fun!!! So glad that we are able to share in some of it:):)
congratulations mom! it makes me anxious for miles to be at that age. :D
So great and congratulations! Your kids are just plain cool. Just got done catching up on your blog- you guys have been busy! I always want to work on my sense of humor after I read your blog. You have such a great attitude!
Post a Comment