Sunday, January 24, 2010

Quiet on a Sunday Night

I am enjoying the quiet. Finally all the loud ones are asleep. This was today:

Wrestling/convincing kids into their church clothes (depends on their age).
Ethan at 8:30 am: "I'm NOT going to church and YOU can't make me!"
Eli: "Me neither! I hate chuwch because..." (at this point I drowned him out by saying 'serenity now' to myself over and over).

Enjoyed Sacrament meeting with a 16 month old who will not sit still, and 2 boys who insist on following me, while I am following her! (Curtis and Jonah are in Utah)

Listened to said 16 month old, who took a 20 minute nap in the car, holler the afternoon away in her crib. No, she never fell asleep!

Made dinner alone, and enjoyed dinner with the usual conversation. Lately, though, my cooking has been getting more mixed reviews like this:
Ethan: "What's IN this... WORMS?? I HATE onions. And I don't like cheese either. Why did you have to put cheese on my salad? Do I HAVE to eat the cucumbers? I think I'm going to DIE if I have to eat those cucumbers.
Eli: "This looks like POOP. "

Put them to bed. And then did the dishes in 3 different shifts. I'm not complaining. I just want to remember this so I can be the one saying this: Oh, ENJOY it honey! It goes by so fast!

Thank you Anita for the delicious cake. I ate both pieces by myself, after the kids were in bed:)

6 comments:

sammysangel said...

sounds like fun

Unknown said...

Love that family photo of you guys!! Super cute.

Blake and Lara said...

haha! This makes me laugh a lot! Why does everything come back to poop with boys? I too constantly remind myself that these moments are fleeting and one day I will look back and wish my kiddos were little again! Having said that there are days I wish I could lock them all in a room and go back to bed:) Motherhood makes women into saints I think although I don't know which side of that I'm on these days.haha Love you guys!

D said...

What a day! I'm glad you have a sense of humor about it. This week I was complaining about feeling so busy, and she said... "you're not very busy... you only have 2 kids!" No matter the age, the contrast of perspective between mother and child never seems to change!

Erica said...

Becky! Your posts always make me laugh and feel like I'm not alone in the world. Thank you! You are so much fun!

Amelia said...

Thanks for your post...I can relate to sooo much of it. It's nice to know I'm not alone!