Sunday, July 12, 2009

Paul and Jane tie the knot



Paul and Jane were married June 27 in the Denver Colorado temple! Curtis and I and the kids drove out, it was a tad longer than we expected! 13 hours turns into 16 or 17 pretty quickly with multiple bathrom breaks. We left Thursday at about 6:30 am and got in at 10:30 pm. We had fun swimming in the pool and catching up with all the LaClaire's and Slagowski's and meeting Jane's family was great.









LaClaire boys and Hogan







Did you know that the #1 kid rule of summer is to change your clothes at least 3 times a day? And then when mom tells you to clean up all of those clothes, stuff them in the hamper no matter what condition they are in?? I can't seem to get on top of that and the dishes and house... it has been intense around here. The reality of 4 kids home all day is, real...

So having said that I will resign myself to a quick blog here and there just to keep up, but I really want more time to write and perfect each one, but that isn't a possibility... maybe in the fall it will be, check the ticker for the countdown to kindergarten!!! I'm also a dying to pick HP and the Half Blood Prince again, (thanks Noelle) priorities, priorities!








The week after the wedding, MN open house for the happy, beautiful couple here at 5518 105th Ave. I had a few moments of high anxiety at 5:45 when the food wasn't ready and the chocolate fountain was exploding on the deck, but after we moved the fountains, and Sandy came with the food, the night was great.

Grace and Ethan

p>

The past few weeks have reminded me that Curtis and I are no longer the newlyweds in the family! Paul was 12 when we got married, and get this (deep breath) Jane graduated from HIGH SCHOOL in 2007!!!!!!!! What is going on here? Who is this couple with 4 kids who were born in the 70's??? That can't be us! We're still just playing house, or at least it feels that way!





Jane, her mom Jozianne, two sisters Andrea (holding JK) and Emily, Curtis and Sandy. Paul got lucky with this family. They are so much fun.


8 comments:

sammysangel said...

is janie walking already

Sara LaClaire said...

i'm so sad we couldn't have been there. everyone looks so happy. :D

Andie said...

I totally hear ya---I sometimes wake up in the morning and wonder how a nice little girl like me got into a situation like this, with four kids and a son going to middle school!

The Ward Family said...

Looks like you have had a fun busy summer thus far.

Lanna Palmer said...

I hear you loud and clear on the laundy girl, it is a never ending battle! I'm keeping Tide in business, that's for sure!

Unknown said...

Becky I had to post and tell you that the picture of your family at the wedding is so cute. You look so gosh darn cute you haven't aged one bit!! Your family is lovely.

Katrina said...

I love your posts, they always make me smile and feel a bit more sane! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's children change their clothes 3 times a day and throw applesauce all over the kitchen (just cleaned up the exact same mess last night)! And what is so fascinating with the word BUTT? This morning it was Austin telling Tyler, "Tyler, say butt crack." Then Tyler would say it and they would laugh and laugh and say it over and over (and then after awhile getting in big trouble for not stopping)! Love the pic of your family. You guys are cute. Was laughing hard about the "high anxiety" and the choclate fountain exploding all over the deck! Miss you!

Erica said...

Yeah! Me too! I'm feeling a little old myself. A little droopy and saggy in some places. When did we end up here deary? By the way your blog keeps me laughing, and I've so missed having your bright smiling face to cheer me up around here.