
Tonight was bring your favorite food of the moment to the table and have dinner. The goal was to avoid cooking and fighting (mostly me fighting with Eli about what was acceptable for dinner tonight)
Ethan brought applesauce
Eli brought tortilla chips
Jonah brought graham crackers and milk
I brought strawberries and breakfast sausages (that I had already started cooking, before the brilliant plan was hatched).
The conversation was unparalled.
Ethan: (singing) I LIKE BIG BUTTS and I cannot lie... mom PLEASE teach me the rest of the song!!!!! I LOVE that song. We heard it on Shark Tales at Auntie Kim's today.
Eli: I LIKE BIG BUTTS and I cannot lie...
Jonah: (higher voice)I I I I Like big butts and I cannot lie.. hee hee hee
Me: What did Auntie Kim say about that song?
Ethan: She said she LOVES it, she said it's her favorite song
Me: Oh. (thinking: I totally like that song, maybe I should borrow Shark Tales so I can listen to it- does the guy who wrote that really like big butts? do some guys really like big butts? I bet Ethan would like the part about the anaconda... i can't believe that my kids know that song! I didn't know songs like that til I was like... 20!)
Maybe we can say something instead of butts... like (nuts? nah..) uhhhh How about HUTS!!
I Like big HUTS and I cannot lie!!
Ethan: Like Jabba the hut?
Me: no, like a house
Ethan: Why is Jabba called a hut? Why are they all called huts?
Eli: How does Han Solo understand Chewy all the time??
Me: Han Solo speaks Wookie (duh) and Han Solo and Chewy have been friends for a LONG time
Which somehow lead to:
Ethan: King Tut had a butt what color was it... green! g-r-e-e-n...
Jonah: kkkking Tut had a butt what color was it... Seven! 1-2-3..
Which somehow lead to Eli dropping his applesauce.
And then dumping what didn't make it to the floor on Janie's head.
And then I was really confused about WHY you would dump your applesauce on your baby sisters head, after you had successfully sprayed it 6 feet across the floor. Confounded. I was confounded. (Can you tell I have been reading Harry Potter?) A wand would have come in handy tonight:)
11 comments:
Man what I would give to be sitting at that table eating applesauce, tortilla chips, and graham crackers with you guys! I'd be laughing SOOO hard! P.s. kim likes that song b/c she has a big booty and likes it... haha I agree, ethan would like the part about anacondas :)
Oh my gosh, so funny! My kids say and sing stuff like that all the time, and they usually learn it from their father! One of the latest at our house was when the boys came home and told Chuck they heard the funniest band on utube called Surfing Buttholes, to which my ever wise husband laughed, and said, no it's the Butthole Surfers! I wanted to cry and run away!
I love the dinner idea. When Mick traveled when the kids were smaller we had all sorts of things for dinner too! I'm assuming Curtis was not home for dinner.....
sounds crazy! an yes thats a cute picture of janie with applesauce in her hair. ive done that MANY times as a baby! including teething bisuits
That was great Becki! That is funny he would think to put the applesauce in her hair, poor girl, it's just the beginning.haha I have a hard time laughing, as I'm sure you do, at the exact moment it's all happening but later can appreciate it. I don't think there is anything in this world that compares to being a mother of small children. I hope you guys are well!!!
This is hilarious:) I wish I could journal like you do... you sure have a gift!
I am once again laughing so hard. Your kids have some of the most entertaining conversations. I love how it went from the song to star wars. The adventures of raising these little ones. I love hearing these stories.
That is one of the funniest posts I have read in a long time. I love you. I'm so your twin. And, I love that you wrote down that awesome conversation. AND, I love the dinner idea! BRILLIANT.
Seriously, Becky, have you thought about publishing this stuff? It's so great!!! You could become the next Erma Bombeck. Truly.
I thought the same thing...that Curtis must be out of town. Sounds just like dinner at our house when Ryan is gone. :)
thank you andie for being with me on my quest to get becky to write a book.
also i know all of the words to that song and i will gladly teach it to your children next weekend...after we get done at the temple of course. ;)
Becky, I love reading your blog! It never fails to make me laugh, and give me back a happy perspective on life! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment