Friday, August 22, 2008

Again your ear can hear, my dear!

We are a family with some big ole' ears. I'm pretty sure it's from my side of the gene pool, which is actually one of the not-so-bad traits that the Tanners pass down, others being nearsightedness to the point of being legally blind, and also being completely unobservant of certain things and not caring at all and also writing run-on sentences and not caring at all. Well Ethan has been especially blessed with the big ears and along with that he has HUGE ear canals and today I had the privelege of being able to retrieve some items from said canals that DON'T BELONG THERE. And it isn't the first time! And I have to say that it is extremely satisfying in a disgusting way to pull a huge chunk of something out of an ear. Sorry if that grosses anybody out, but you know exactly what I mean, I KNOW you do!

This lovely piece of wax was the first prize, and then after a few more draws, out came this piece of FOAM!!! EWWW... Ethan with a surprised look on his face: "Everything is alot more loud now!!"



November 2006...
Sitting at dinner one night, I look over and I can see something in Eth's ear. So I said something like 'Ethan has perfectly round balls of wax in his ear.' So Curtis took a look, and attempted whatever you can attempt at the table to get the balls out, didn't work. Then Ethan pointed to the fake flowers on the table, and said 'maybe THAT's what's in my ear.' Curtis and I looked at the flowers, then gave each other the look, and whisked Ethan upstairs to do mini surgery with some instruments leftover from dental hygiene school. We got most of the balls out, but there were one or two that were pretty deep and even with all my experience and modern equipment, we didn't want to risk it. So Curtis had the great idea of flushing them out with water from the faucet, which actually got all but one, and I pulled that one out a few months later after it rode the 'ear wack' (Ethan's term) out further. It was crazy how those little balls were exactly the same color as ear wax! And yes Ethan admitted to putting them in there!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

My oh my! I guess it is better the ears that the nose. Thankfully we only ear wax coming out the ears here. :)

Collins Family said...

That is too funny! One time Sean pulled out a huge chunk of wax from his ear too & wanted to know "who put a buggar in his ear?"

Jill and Greg said...

a big Aloha to the LaClair family! Thanks for the invitation to view your blog. It's great to see your family and hear of their antics! and congrats on the new baby girl that's coming soon I see. You guys are like our Nathan and Ann-Marie--3 boys and then finally a girl. Good luck in the last few weeks. Jill Gollaher