Friday, June 3, 2016

Curtis and Becky in Washington D.C.


Curtis had some meetings for work, so he took me along for a long weekend! It was an awesome getaway. What a beautiful, green, clean city. We explored a little bit together, and then while CJL was in meetings I went to the Museum of American History at the Smithsonian. 


I love old buildings smushed together.

The road in front of the White House was blocked off and there was some serious looking security.






Washington Monument




Ford's Theater

What a great man was President Lincoln. Humble, teachable, allowed others faults while he carried a unbearable load. A patriot.







I had been to Washington D.C. one time before, on a school trip in 9th grade. It brought back alot of memories coming back and visiting many of the same place almost 25 years later.  I was talking to one of the security guards at the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and Bill of Rights, about how faded the documents looked now. I remember taking pictures of them when I came before. She said that was probably one of the reasons they were faded, because flash photography was allowed for so many years. It was absolutely weird to talk about a memory I had from more than 20 years ago. In one way I felt like I had some credible life experiences, but it made me realize that I am closer to being 50 than I am comfortable with!! Time marches on!!!

No comments: