Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas 2012

Annual Shepherds candlelit dinner. This year we added (American style) scones and it was a success! I may have eaten a few to many and felt a little bloated all night, but totally worth it. Also on the menu: Hummus with pita chips, cucumbers, red peppers. Green and kalamuta olives, sliced gouda, and bitter herbs (coriander). I loved the lemon/coriander hummus with the fresh coriander (elsewhere known as cilantro). 


 Curtis read the Christmas Story from Luke 2, and a little article I printed off about a Middle East vs. Western View of the Christmas Story. Curtis and I sang some Christmas Carols while the kids fought and complained, and asked for the gazillionth time when they were going to get to open a present.


The kids drew names this year and got small gifts for each other. Ethan got Eli some Hobbit mini figures. And everybody got new Jammies and slippers. Kids stripped down right there in the LR and put on their new pj's. 

Sadie got Jonah a Star Wars talking key chain that she actually liked alot screeched when he wanted it back. 

Eli got Janie a little cat in a carrier- I think it was her favorite gift this year!

 Janie got Sadie a little zhu zhu dog. She was making little animals sounds all night.

 Christmas gifts and stockings are all ready for Christmas morning! Late night for CJL and I, as usual!



 Christmas Morning FUN.



The rest of the day was: nap, watch Brave, brunch, nap again, watch Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Read Pioneer Woman cookbook, put together megablocks, read more, make turkey soup, watch Diary of a Wimpy Kid again. What a great, relaxing Christmas Day!

No comments: