Today was a funny day. I felt like I was wandering around, but there were too many things going on to start any projects, and not enough time to gather my thoughts in between emergencies, so I did kid triage all day. I got pretty frustrated and whined a little bit about to Curtis- who is in Europe right now!!! Ethan got his morning jobs done and got out the door to Lapicola's house early. We did have some fun doing tricks on the tramp at about 10 am - I did a few somersaults and got a little dizzy. Eli, Jonah, and JK clapped politely for me. Jill fed us corn dogs. Sadie got a new fan in her room and had a few blowouts. Wanda came and cleaned all the goo off the floors. Jonah, Reagan, and Spencer played in the sprinkler and got into a few fights and then played more. Janie disappeared only a few times. The kids ate a brownie mix and a cake mix- dry. it was... dry! Much better as batter:) Also, Eli had a baseball game and got a single and then ran home. That was sweet. Bedtime was awesome- Janie has made a hole in her crib tent so she can get out now, so I put her in her bed no less than 35 times tonight. It became a game- the boys thought it was so funny. It turned little JK into Gollum:(this is what I heard as I waited outside her door)
sad Janie: WHAAAA WHAAA
JK: Did youw mommy put you in youw bed?
sad Janie: YEAHHHH WHAAA WHAAA
JK: Awe you ok?
sad Janie: YEAHHHH WHAAA WHAAAA
JK: It's ok
sad Janie:YEAHHHH WHAAAA WHAAA
JK: Is Sadie Asweep?
sad Janie: YEAHHH WHAA WHAAA
JK: Awe you ok?
sad Janie: I SAD WHAA WHAAA
It was a little cute and a little creepy. The JK voice was a totally normal, non crying voice, and the sad Janie was WAILING. She did finally stay in her bed. Thanks Supernanny.
I should add that Lauren came over and helped out tonight and that she is a wonderful babysitter!
And that Grumpy did concessions at Northwoods park for me. That was a big deal. I owe him something from DQ... or maybe a van or something...
2 comments:
such a funny post. good thing you have a sense of humor. and good thing JK has two names... maybe there is a Janie and a Kate in there! LOL Or maybe she will major in theatre (hopefully its the latter).
Thanks for a good laugh! I am glad I am not the only one that has kid triage days. Glad that you made it through it.
Post a Comment