Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mason's Special Sunday, and a Birthday Party

We went up to Princeton today for Mason's blessing. I prepped:

- the diaper/church bag


-kid's dress clothes


-Sandy's b-day gift


-YW newsletters and b-day card for Jessica


- plates, utensils, and cheesecake toppings


- tried to locate a pack and play which is mysteriously missing

on Saturday night, so we could leave by 8 am. But, I couldn't resist getting a few more winks after my alarm clock went off, so we actually got in the car at 8:25. I have said it before, but Curtis is the one who gets us out the door on time, not me. And he is absent this week. But Noelle is here thank goodness. So Noelle and I tried our darnedist and I drove pretty fast, and we were there before Sacrament Meeting started, hooray.


Mason was wearing a little white suit, with a tiny little bow tie. I got a little teary watching Keith, Ben, Curt, and Mike gather around Mason, and not seeing Curtis up there. And I got a little more teary as Keith blessed his little boy with health, strength, testimony, example, baptism, and temple marriage. It was so simple and sweet, and touching.



We went over to Keith and Kayla's house after church, to celebrate Sandy's Birthday. True to form, Sandy made dinner for everyone on her birthday, and wasn't crabby about it... it's true. It was a beautiful day, sunny and almost 60, so the kids played outside and got muddy and had a blast with Zachary and Garrett Juncker.
I think I might love birthday candles a little too much. I definitely love this picture of Sandy laughing, she has such a great laugh.

When we got home, we went outside and I caught up with our neighbors who we haven't seen for 6 months, and the kids ran around barefoot. Janie Kate ran and ran down the street and got a few rides in a wagon. Spring please stay, melt the ice and snow, and green up my grass!

2 comments:

Amy Hunter said...

Dearest Becky, thanks for your comment about our boys' upcoming baptism! I laughed because we are on the same page about lots of things. We must read the same parenting books! We're planning the big talk too. Let me know how yours goes. I'm still nervous...We're actually going to wait for a few weeks after his birthday because we'll have a housefull of guest on the big day. Good luck!! You are a wonderful momma! I love your blog. I wish we were neighbors!

Andie said...

Tell Keith's wife I am totally jealous of that gorgeous gold color paint! It's exactly what I was going for in our house and I think I missed it by probably one swatch over.

Also, now that the LaClaire's have a Janie and a Mason, I think it's definitely time for a Nolan and an Abby, too! :)