Monday, December 28, 2009

Current Events

Pheww, I just downloaded pictures from two cameras, and there was ALOT going in the last two months that I didn't mention, so quickly I will attempt a catch up before I put up the Christmas pictures!!

Kayla's baby shower! We had so much fun with all of the girls. Mason is due at the end of January! Yipee!


Eli's first day of KIP, waiting for the bus that never came! It was a mix-up, but kind of disappointing for Eli. He must love KIP because he complains about it almost as much as he complains about kindergarten.

All of us on Thanksgiving. I love these peeps.


The day after Thanksgiving we went up to a small tree farm in Anoka, owned by a man who used to be a principal at one of the school's Curtis attended. It was a gorgeous day, just beautiful. We had so much fun walking back into the trees. There was another family there with a little black dog that kept wandering over to us. We finally picked out a cute little tree, and didn't take a picture of it! I was having too much fun taking pictures of Grumpy and JK, and thinking about how I want some acreage and a little black dog for these boys to run around with...










We stopped at Broadway Pizza on the way home, and then watched Home Alone, and THEN started decorating!! I love this part but it makes me a little crazy to have all the kids pulling out stuff at the same time, and then putting it all up and putting all the boxes away is at least a two day job! But we got her done and have been enjoying the coziness all of December.




Trip to Wisconsin Dells in early December with a very fun family from Honeywell, Cori and Jesse and their kids. They were so much fun to hang out with. We stayed at the Kalahari - no lines. It was a good time to go to the Dells. And JK got to stay with Lola and Sofi -lucky!!



Ethan's second gread concert. It was truly a highlight of my year. Oxbow has a songwriter who comes in and writes songs with the kids, and these songs were fabulous, they were based on several books about trees that the kids have read through the year. Some were funny and upbeat, and others were slower and reflective. But to hear these kids sing their hearts out brought tears to my eyes a few times. So cool. Click here to see Home Sweet Home.

Oxbow second graders and James Hersch



Ethan is in somewhere in there!!

After the concert with Mr. E.


I think that will do for tonight. If you have made it this far you are probably Curtis. Good night!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Loved the pictures! Love your hat!

The Ward Family said...

Love keeping up to date with the LaClaires. Keep those posts and pictures coming. Looks like we are heading into the city again for New Years!!!!

Jill and Greg said...

Hi LaClaire Family! It was great to get your card for christmas and to read all the funny things your kids have said! I laughed out loud on a few of them. So cute! What a lovely family you have! We wish you all the best and thank you for thinking of us!

Greg and Jill Gollaher

sammysangel said...

too cute